Download our Volunteer Opportunities Brochure here.
Yard Sale Sorters (Volunteer)
On and around September 1st of each year, the Bay Area Crisis Nursery accepts donations for our annual yard sale. We always need help to sort and prepare items for the yard sale which is approximately later in September. Sign up for online newsletter to stay informed on all of our events.
Come volunteer your time and talents!
- Volunteers that work directly with our children must complete a TB test, fingerprinting and background check- all of which the Nursery pays for in return for a once a week 3 hour commitment for a minimum of a 6 month period. We have volunteers that have been with us for 10+ years- no time limits!
- Childcare volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to work directly with our children. Our volunteers help with playing, enrichment, feeding, dressing, rocking and playing. This is direct child interaction and a physical but fun job!
- Three hour shifts run daily from 7am until 10pm- email our Volunteer Coordinator to find out our current needs!
- Preparation of the Quarterly Newsletter
- Committee Members
- Standing committees deal with the ongoing processes of an organization. They are concerned with maintaining, developing and evaluating the organization. Each committee meets once per month or as often as necessary.
- EXECUTIVE: (Membership restricted to officers of the Board of Directors and selected Committee Representatives.) Responsible for all business operations between full board meetings. Makes committee assignments. Develops internal board policies, sets criteria for board membership and evaluates board committee effectiveness. Oversees the work of all other committees.
- FINANCE: Responsible for all financial reporting. Evaluates insurance requirements, formulates investment policies and manages bank accounts. Reviews operating budget and develops procedures for internal financial and performance auditing. Analyzes cash flows and financial statements for the Board.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS: Responsible for marketing and public relations strategic plan and programs. Ensures that the organization is recognized throughout the community and that potential users and referral sources are aware of the programs and services offered by the organization.
- PERSONNEL/BY-LAWS: Responsible for developing personnel policies for employed staff and volunteers. Ensures that the Board meets state membership requirements and that the by-laws are consistent with the organization’s objectives. Develops criteria for evaluating staff. Resolves board/staff conflicts. Nominates new Board members and oversees staff recruitment. Sets up procedures for recognizing and rewarding volunteer staff.
- PLANNING AND OPERATIONS: Develops long term organizational plan. Prepares written plans, goals and timetables for achieving goals. Ensures that the Board has internal procedures for developing and achieving goals. Works with other committees to ensure that all Board activities are consistent with organizational objectives. Responsible for program development, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for purchasing and maintaining capital equipment, facilities and grounds. Establishes criteria for new project evaluation and reviews ongoing programs to ensure compliance with long term goals and objectives.
- RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for developing resources for the Nursery: monetary donations, in-kind donations and volunteers. Responsible for all current fundraising activities including special events, grants, corporate gifts, individual donations,and for developing new activities such as planned giving.
- Event Help
- Fall Gala, Crab Feed, Yard Sale